Everyday IPA Hummus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjnowak

Reaction score
http://brooklynbrewshop.com/themash/recipe-everyday-ipa-hummus/

WHAT YOU NEED
2 cans of chickpeas, drained and well rinsed
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup tahini
1 lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Everyday IPA

WHAT YOU DO
Combine all the ingredients (except for the beer) in a food processor or super-strength blender. Blend. Stream in beer slowly and push down sides until desired consistency is reached.
Chill for two hours to let flavors meld. Add additional salt to taste.

Thought I'd pass along a recipe I recently tried and thought it was great. Once my first home brew IPA is complete I plan on using that instead for a try.
Enjoy!

Sounds kind of interesting, I wouldn't have thought an IPA would work in hummus but I guess anything is possible. Everyday IPA was my first all grain brew so I might have to make it again and try this. I need to brew that recipe again any way because I learned that doing your mash on the stovetop is a PITA and my end results didn't turn out that good, I've got a mash tun now so it should work a lot better.

It was ver good, but then again I'm a huge fan of IPAs in general. I actually have a pizza recipe where I use IPA beer instead of water for the crust. Then use the same beer to make the sauce by mixing it with tomato paste. I should probably post that one too.

I am intrigued by the IPA pizza. I will be trying that this Friday, when I make pizza for dinner. Thanks for sharing:)

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Yeah...please share the dough, and the sauce recipe. Please, and thank you!

Think I posted this separately, but I should probably post it here so it's readily available.
Beer used in this recipe is whatever is to your liking. Sometimes I spring for something like a HopSlam, other times I go with Two Hearted. The more hop the better, I say.

Dough:
Have 1 cup of your favorite IPA at room temp, add a packet of rapid rise yeast (~2.5 teaspoons if you buy in bulk), and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Let sit for about 10 minutes for the yeast to get to work. Add ~4 cups of flour and 1 teaspoon of salt to the beer mixture, knead the dough for 10 minutes, I suggest using a stand mixer. You may need a little more of the flour, it can depend on the type of flour you use. You basically want the dough to come together nicely and form into a ball. I usually let my dough sit out at room temp for a couple hours, and sometimes overnight. Keep the top covered with a moist cloth. You can also keep it in the fridge overnight if you know it's going to be a while before you use it, however, let it come to room temp if it's been in the fridge or it will be difficult to work with. Take half of the dough and roll out on a floured surface (you can use the whole thing if you want thicker crust and how big your cooking surface is).

Sauce:
I usually start with tomato paste (about 3 tablespoons) and add to it enough IPA to get to a good consistency for sauce. Usually I'll do this over heat and add some pizza spices and whatnot. Sometimes I'll add parmesan cheese to the sauce, think it gives it a good taste.

Cooking:
As far as the rest goes, it's pretty much up to you. Put the sauce on the dough and add the toppings you like. As far as baking, in the summer I use the grill and a grill safe pizza stone, temp is usually 500+ degrees. In the winter I use the oven and set it to 500 to preheat, once I put the pizza on the stone I turn down to 420 degrees. Sometimes I get crazy and throw that dough straight on the grill and go more so flatbread style. Gotta make sure the grates are piping hot, takes a bit of trial and error ;-)

944518_10101299712353088_1300467962_n.jpg

1377243_10101479330387108_153069509_n.jpg

279468_10100181747488638_333631_o.jpg

Also, in good holiday spirit, I'll be making this with Guinness this weekend instead of IPA

Thanks! I have some Ruthless Rye, some I'm throwing some in with my dough tomorrow....maybe in my sauce too:)

Ohh...I have smoked brisket in the fridge. I think this weeks pizza is going to be extra yummy!

Back