Life's Been Good To Me So Far

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyOldDuck

Reaction score
It's a beautiful 78 degrees and sunny in Portland and I am sitting on my deck with my two bad dogs, sipping on homebrew (me, not the bad dogs) while waiting for a 10 gallon batch of BM's lovely Centennial Blonde to cool to pitching temp. Two years ago today I survived a brain stem stroke and was lying in a hospital bed.

Kiss your spouse or significant other, hug your kids, call your mom, dad, brothers and sisters, and enjoy the fact that life has given you another day!

That's the song that seemed appropriate for the post. I guess I also could have used the Grateful Dead lyrics from Truckin - "Lately it occurs to me, what a long, strange trip it's been."

Great post DOD! And the title, instantly had the music playing in my head.

Wonderful to hear you are doing well and enjoying life! Congrats man!

Holy crap!

First time I've stumbled across this post and this song happened to be playing on the radio at the exact time! Yay for awesome coincedents!

on that same note I was on a multi state road trip once and was listening to a Tom petty cd. The CD started over, got about one minute into the first song again so i turned the CD player back on radio and the same song was playing at the exact same part. Blew my freaking mind

Back