Nee Help With Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calsker

Reaction score
I was planning to brew 10 gallons of the house APA this weekend which consists of the following:

2-row (94%)
Carapils (5%)
Special B (1%)

I sent SWMBO to the LHBS (I know, big mistake) for the Carapils and Special B and she came back with the correct amount of Carapils, but .25 lb. more of the Special B than required and both mixed together! DOH!!

I know I could up the 2-row and Carapils to account for the 94%, 5% and 1% amounts, but don't want to change my house APA profile that much.

Just wondering if anyone can anyone suggest a different recipe and/or style to utilize the 1 lb. of Carapils and .5 lb of Special B?

TIA

I would say to just use half of the specialty grains and mash 2 degrees higher. Or, you could throw it all in, mash a little lower and add a few IBUs to your bittering addition. You might like the result; I have a delicious IPA (okay, it's not pale) with about 1/2lb of Special B.

Back