5 Missions Brewhause Vanilla Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LazySumo

Reaction score
8 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) Bel
8 lbs Wheat Malt, Ger
2 lbs Melanoiden Malt
1 lbs Carafoam
0.75 oz Perle [8.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min
2.0 pkg Hefeweizen Ale (White Labs #WLP300)
2.00 mg Vanilla Bean (Secondary 3.0 weeks)

Notes: Going to be brewing this in a few weeks, just getting all excited about it. :)

Going for a strong banana flavor which I believe the WLP300 will certainly do. Also adding the Carafoam b/c I want a thick, rocky head on this baby. As if the wheat won't do that.

Mash: Single stage, direct fire infusion mash at 156deg for 45 minutes or until conversion complete (iodine test).

Open to suggestions, thoughts, heckles or donations. Hell, all of the above.

:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

Hey! you went with some carafoam too. the hefe I brewed today has a half pound of that stuff in it too. Did you ever use carafoam in a hefe before?

I'm jealous of you guys doing 10 gallon batches. Are you using two 5 gallon carboys or a single 10 gallon vessel?

Yeah, the goal here is to do for foam and head retention what American craft brewers do to hops in an IPA. LOTS OF IT! I want a thick, rocky krausen that you could float a Caddilac on. One of those that came from Texas and has horns on the hood! :)

I'll let you know, brew date should be end of this month because I have to get my gear together first.

Sounds good! LOL, what we did to hops! Now that I on the east coast (used to be in Seattle) I think everything tastes underhopped.

Latest posts

Back