H-man new beer novice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-Man

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the site. Question: after ordering the BB holiday ale, I made a rookie mistake and added the spice pack to the original dme/lme stage and not during the last 15 minutes. Will this give the beer a off flavor?
Thanks

The good thing about this hobby is even though the brew may not taste like was intended you still made beer,and I'm sure that mixup didn't hurt anything.

BrewerBear said:
The good thing about this hobby is even though the brew may not taste like was intended you still made beer,and I'm sure that mixup didn't hurt anything.

Thanks it was time to step up my game. I've got the BB red ale and holiday ale under construction right now. Wish me luck

I don't have any personal experience with brewing with spices, but a full 60 minute boil may drive off more of the spice flavor and aroma. They most likely recommend a 15 minute boil in order to sanitize the spices while preserving as much of the flavor and aroma as possible. I'd guess that you're still going to get the effect you're looking for, though. Good luck.

Back