Great Divide - Fresh Hop Pale Ale - Any Info?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Great Divide - Fresh Hop Pale Ale

Had one of these. Man, what a great blast in the face of hop aroma. That is exactly what I want in my pale ale.

I think they use wet hops. Is that the secret?

Anyone have any info on the ingredients or process for this beer? Must clone!

Great-Divide-Fresh-Hop-Pale-Ale.jpg

Yea most of the "fresh" or "wet" hop beers are made with fresh cut hop cones that still contain a good amount of moisture.
As for the recipe i have never seen one but i would check out there social media (if they have any) and look for pictures/posts of hop farms or any mention of what fresh hops they picked up recently.

All of the GD i had is super sweet so i would imagine they mash pretty high, 158?.
Pick your fav base malt toss in a good amount of crystal and a pinch of munich, most wet hops are lower alc so i would aim for ~5%
From what ive seen i believe wet hops are used in a 4 or 5/1 (depending on freshness) weight ratio for recipes.
I would also aim for most of the wet hops to be used at 5-flameout. Use a neutral known hop for the 60min bittering

I had a plant in the backyard this year but unfortunately it was the first year and i didnt get much, keeping them happy next season i hope to do a full batch with wet hops

Cheers!

I had it fresh at the brewery, it is rather fantastic.

I am going to do a DIPA in a couple of weeks, have 2-3 oz of fresh hops I plan to add, see if it mimics the GD flavor profile.

Latest posts

Back