Two local brewpubs with extract ale bock beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dudest

Reaction score
I talked to the owner and he buys extract from north carolina, as a matter of fact he bought a whole turnkey setup from the place. The beer is tastey and strong but i cant buy the extract because it is only in bulk. Anyway the other place has a regular bock not nearly as strong and much lighter. I always liked strong stouts and porters and never really tried bock until i found this place. To get to the point I want to make a strong ale bock that tastes like theirs. I dont/cant lager right now. Here is what im gonna try tomorrow.

Two cans muntons connisour bock ale lme Total 8lbs
1 lb crystal 60L steeped
5 oz corn sugar
Safale 05 one and a half packs

Thought of adding maltodextrin what do you guys think
What other grains would be good maybe black patant?

I like beer that my wife says tastex like dirt.

Primary imp blonde ale
Secondary russian imperial stout with vanilla and 1/2 cup Chivas
Drinking Irish stout

I think with the 8lbs of LME & 1pound of crystal,the maltodextrin won't be needed,unless you want a truckload of mouth feel. Or add some carahell to enhance the malt flavors. The WL029 German ale/kolsh yeast would lend that lager like clean bit of crispness to it. I tried it in one batch each of light & dark hybrid lager. Clean & smooth with a bit of crispness that's pretty good. Make a starter for it.
It's ideal temp range is 65-69F,& it flat out works well at those temps. Steadiest fermenter I ever saw.

Back