"Like, oh my gosh lil jon drinks it!" ...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWiggles

Reaction score
So the other day I go to have dinner with SWMBO after she got off of work at a local restaurant here in town. While we are sitting at the bar one of her coworkers is rambling about nonsense the whole time right in between us. She's going on and on about how shes running on adderall and coffee since she hasn't slept in two days, even though she kept saying that she doesnt take medicine. Aparantly she doesnt take medicine thats prescribed to her or used in a way to benefit her health. So she goes on about how her friend did this or how she wants to try that, all of which were abuses of medicine. One was 'robotripping' (although she didnt know the term) on robitussin, and taking ambien but staying awake through it to hallucinate. I try to get words in like "thats really bad for your liver" and "I knew some people that tried that once (ambien) and they spent 3 hours puking their guts out". But she was too hopped up on speed to let me get a word in. I gave up when she got to this gem.
"Oh em Gee! Like, did you know that you can, like, get trashed if you put hydrocodeine in, like, a glass and, like, put sprite and jolly-ranchers in with it? Lil Jon and all the rappers do that! I wanna, like, try it this weekend with my boyfriend!" ...ok you do that. But have fun waiting for those pills to dissolve cause your doin it wrong... My God, purple drink (named for the promethazine codeine syrup, which is red or purple) has been around for YEARS and if anything, lil jon and the others have already moved on. Bah! it annoys me so much, this rich kid from the suburbs born with a silver spoon in her mouth, in a sorority dating a frat guy, does everything she can to be ignorant and destroy her body. Then, has to take speed and/or coke just to be able to do all of the homework that she didnt do while she was getting trashed.
So many things happen around me every day (here in the college town at least) that do nothing but reaffirm my decision to give up on humanity. The only things that keep me sane are my friends 650 miles away, SWMBO, and this subculture of homebrewing I've recently found myself in.
Bah, sorry bout the rant but I can only take so much.

(BTW, mods, if I need to edit some things out of here just let me know)

Sounds like a lame night. However, don't misinform us by putting a title that makes us think that lil jon may be drinking some homebrew/craft brew out of his sparkling jelly jar!

isn't off-the-wall ranting that no one wants to hear what facebook is for? that's why i'm not even on there...

Dont give Mr Wiggles any ****, you are the one that expected quality content from a thread with Lil Jon in the title. Rant on dude, we all need to let off a little steam. Stick with the homebrew and stay away from the pillz, not to be confused with Pils.

Dont give Mr Wiggles any ****, you are the one that expected quality content from a thread with Lil Jon in the title. Rant on dude, we all need to let off a little steam. Stick with the homebrew and stay away from the pillz, not to be confused with Pils.

It is in Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling after all! :mug:

isn't off-the-wall ranting that no one wants to hear what facebook is for? that's why i'm not even on there...

That's not why you're in the "Drunken Ramblings" forum? Go look at past posts. This ain't nuthing! The drunken ranting post is a time honored tradition in this forum!

Preach on, Brother Wiggles!

To halfpint's comment, that would be classic.
And to lumpher, I honestly dont check my facebook but about once a month if even that. I've only been on there recently to change my status to reflect my brewing.
And soulrebel, I read you loud and clear. I have never been one to abuse prescription meds, that is by far one of the dumbest ways to try to get a buzz IMO.
And to everyone else, thanks for understanding my frustration. It's just really hard for me to understand why people do the things they do sometimes. Probably why I was on the fence about being an anthropology major (opted for german and international relations)

Don't get me wrong, I've ranted enough in my days here on the forum, but I had high hopes for Lil Jon that were crushed by this post.

Lol.

That's what I was thinking! Get her all messed up on her drugs, then have a 3-way with her. I think she'd really appreciate it.

Hahahaha....no
She is a blonde haired 20 year old sorority girl if that's your thing. But I am not about to take some sloppy seconds after some frat daddy. SWMBO is bi so the idea has been floating around, just not with this girl.

I don't know if it's an Alabama thing with these sorority girls and frat guys doing this crap, but I can't wait to get out of Auburn. I just figure college towns outside the South must be a little classier. Thankfully we have a brew club here in Auburn. Do you have any brew buddies in Tuscaloosa?

I don't know if it's an Alabama thing with these sorority girls and frat guys doing this crap, but I can't wait to get out of Auburn. I just figure college towns outside the South must be a little classier. Thankfully we have a brew club here in Auburn. Do you have any brew buddies in Tuscaloosa?

Well if you consider snobbery and classism classier, then yes. But nay, I have yet to find a brew club up here. I would love to but I think the closest one would be in Birmingham. So far I am the only one I know of in Tuscaloosa that brews, but that is by no means a definitive "I am the only one" who brews in T-town.

wow... you're right. my apologies. i didn't even know there was a forum here like this. rant on, and get it out of your system :tank:

On a positive note.

The manufacturer of oxycontin just changed the filler in the pills, to one that will gel when crushed and added to water.
So no one can currently shoot up the pill form.

Back