Belgian wit variations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toronado13

Reaction score
Recently I've been drinking two witbiers, Lost Coast Great White and Flying Dog Woody Creek White. I taste quite a difference between these two beers, and I was wondering if someone who's had both could explain ingredients wise what the difference might be? I'm not looking for super specifics here or anything.. just hopefully some first hand comparison. I've read a bunch of beer advocate reviews for each, and I can't seem to understand the diff... Again, I'm not looking for specifics as in a recipe or anything, but just looking to understand the taste difference I am feeling.. (if that makes any sense)

Chances are its yeast related...malt bill for Belgian Wits is pretty stock. Wheat+2Row. Its a combo of yeast strain and/or fermentation temp.

lost coast great white is more of an american styled wheat made with american yeast and lemongrass.

the flying dog is spiced more traditionally with coriander and orange peel and uses a belgian yeast, though im not sure if its specifically a witbier yeast since they also use it in the raging ***** belgian IPA

Latest posts

Back