Actuated Sanitary Valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pezzonovante11

Reaction score
Looking for your thoughts and experience.

I'm wanting to use a BCS controller with sanitary butterfly valves for a CIP brewery. There are plenty of electrically actuated ball valves out there but not much in the way of butterfly.

Has anyone retrofitted sanitary butterfly valves with electric actuators? I know with ball valves there is the ISO 5211 mounting standard. Does a similar standard exist for butterflies. Does anyone here have any experience with this?

My other thought was to use pneumatically actuated valves, as they are more readily available (but pricey). But I don't know the first thing about using those. Wondering what kind air source people use. Bottle of compressed air? How much do they need? What is used to switch the air on/off?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

I priced out some sanitary ball valve fittings from a manufacturer in China and got a price of $111 per valve FOB. That was too pricey for me as I need 13 valves. I ended up going with ball valves from Oscsys.com and will add triclamp fittings to them.

Well, if you want to use pneumatically actuated valves, CE and ISO certificate is necessary in sanitary valves production industry. The sanitary valves are widely used in food, wine, beverages, dairy products, fine chemicals, pharmaceutical and biological engineering and many other industries.Adamant valves is high-quality butterfly valves supplier and provides various valves.For more information about sanitary valves, please visit http://www.adamantvalves.com/

Back