Lots of recipes, but which one!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zippox

Reaction score
In a couple of months I will be starting a batch of cider. I have looked through all of the cider recipes here and many of them look tasty. Being from Minnesota myself, I am partial to Crispin's 'Blue Line' ciders. SWMBO is trying to have her say in on this batch and so I am trying to find a nice tart/sweet carbonated recipe that might come relatively close to something like that.

Does anyone have a suggestion for one of the many recipes here to make that might suit that style?

Mott's is easily available in my area and I am not looking to go through the troubles of driving to an orchard for some expensive (though good) cider. Perhaps that could help narrow things down a tad!

bein' from Minnesota, in about a month you'll have your CHOICE of fresh apples, you could get fresh pressed juice and you'd be MUCH better off than using Motts and or any other store brand juice. I do use Tree Top brand bottled AJ when I decide to make a cider not "in season" but that's very seldom..I try and stock up on fresh pressed during September.

Good luck

Lots of the local orchards apparently either have broken equipment and/or aren't making cider this year because apparently lots of the trees died. I think I might give the Southern Sweet Cider recipe a shot here pretty soon and see how things go!

I decided to make edworts apelwein, you can see it in the wine forum as a sticky. I figure any thread that had over 1000 pages of replies since 2006 and over 29k gallons made can't be bad

Back