Wine Kit for my Fiance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

libeerty

Reaction score
Hi all,

My fiance and I started brewing beer together but it has become more my hobby than hers. I think I am just more passionate about it. She loves beer, but also loves wine, so I was thinking of getting her a wine kit for Christmas so she has her own thing.

We have a lot of the equipment she would need from beerbrewing, but I know I will need to get a few more things. I've seen AHS and a few others sell packages and all sorts of wine kits. The problem, though, is that there are far less reviews for wine products than beer, so I am having trouble figuring out which she would like.

Does anyone have any advice on a particularly good set of products? And, most importantly, a good kit for her? I'd prefer a kit that is already out versus one that will be out in a few months. She prefers dry wine, particularly chardonnay. And she likes pinot noir. I'd probably also like for this kit to not be one that has to age particularly long so she can enjoy the fruits of her labor sooner.

I appreciate your help.

libeerty said:
Hi all,

My fiance and I started brewing beer together but it has become more my hobby than hers. I think I am just more passionate about it. She loves beer, but also loves wine, so I was thinking of getting her a wine kit for Christmas so she has her own thing.

We have a lot of the equipment she would need from beerbrewing, but I know I will need to get a few more things. I've seen AHS and a few others sell packages and all sorts of wine kits. The problem, though, is that there are far less reviews for wine products than beer, so I am having trouble figuring out which she would like.

Does anyone have any advice on a particularly good set of products? And, most importantly, a good kit for her? I'd prefer a kit that is already out versus one that will be out in a few months. She prefers dry wine, particularly chardonnay. And she likes pinot noir. I'd probably also like for this kit to not be one that has to age particularly long so she can enjoy the fruits of her labor sooner.

I appreciate your help.

Winexperts makes good wine kits.

White wines will be ready sooner, so stick with the Chardonnay for her first kit.

Look for kits that have a good amount of juice (less water to add). You'll notice on the shelves the boxes are bigger.

I appreciate the reply. I went with a winexpert chardonnay kit that had the most litres. I think it was 16, whereas most other recipes only used 10. Thanks a lot!

Back