Should I bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hudsonj6

Reaction score
So I've had this brown ale sitting for quite a while now (2 weeks primary, 2 weeks this weekend secondary) and I'm hoping to bottle this weekend. The reason I ask is because there is still a fair bit of bubbling going on in the carboy. Now before anyone says anything, I've taken hydrometer readings and the F.G. has been stable for a week so fermentation should be complete. I've done some searching around and some people have said that bubbling can be from off gassing but I haven't moved the carboy and temp has been consistent ect. The batch is clear as can be and I just need to know if these bubbles (that are being produced at about the same rate as of a week and a half ago) are going to cause me any grief if I bottle this weekend? ie bottle bombs.

It should be good to go! You are correct in those bubbles being C02 that is being un-dissolved. When you move your carboy, then rack it, the residual C02 should escape!

Back