Single element controller help, component check

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Komodo

Reaction score
I'm planning a single element boiler, er, kettle and wanted to check with the gurus to see if what I already have might work. I'm somewhat of a nOOb here, and am getting some of the parts as I learn before building anything.

I've got an Omega 6100 On Off Temperature Controllers
that goes from 0-300F. It's 10A capable, ands says you can add an SSR.
Most simple builds seem to be based around the PSR-25. I know the PSR-25 isn't an SSR exactly, but could this Omega unit be used for my controller?

Also, I've already got probes for it as well. Assuming the Omega unit will work, would the front dial work as a sort of 1-100% potentiometer or could I actually use the probe for temperature feedback and it would control the element by using the temp gradients on the dial?

I have no experience with that unit but it looks like it could work.

You would have to switch your SSR with a dc source via the relay contacts. You would also have to use a temp probe in your kettle (not necessary with PWM or PID's). I would probably choose a more suited option.

Latest posts

Back