I'm in it for a hobby...and the alcohol

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErieShores

Reaction score
So, I happened to run into my hydrometer in my basement last week. I haven't used the think in years but I'm gonna make that change. I am a novice that dabbled in the past mostly with hard cider and connoisseur kits from a local homebrew supply store. I need a hobby (according to my wife) and I personally can't think of a better one than making alcohol! On a more personal note, I am a father of two and work in healthcare and I am a avid Bills and Sabres fan. I look forward to gaining knowledge from all of you and can't wait to start my new hobby!

Welcome! I use to go to school in Fredonia, my wife is from Springville and we now live in Canandaigua. There are a few people on here from Rochester and Buffalo. Go Bills/Sabers!

So, I happened to run into my hydrometer in my basement last week. I haven't used the think in years but I'm gonna make that change. I am a novice that dabbled in the past mostly with hard cider and connoisseur kits from a local homebrew supply store. I need a hobby (according to my wife) and I personally can't think of a better one than making alcohol! On a more personal note, I am a father of two and work in healthcare and I am a avid Bills and Sabres fan. I look forward to gaining knowledge from all of you and can't wait to start my new hobby!

If you get into it like a lot of us have on here, then I hope you have a really good relationship with your wife, because the brew day mess, the system upgrades, the complete infatuation can strain even the best marriages.... Just kidding, but it does help to have an understanding wife, and since she suggested it, then go for it! Welcome back!

Bills fan? You need as much alcohol as you can get...

Welcome from Western MA. Wife's family is all from the Buffalo area, so we tend to make our way out there once or twice a year.

Welcome! I use to go to school in Fredonia, my wife is from Springville and we now live in Canandaigua. There are a few people on here from Rochester and Buffalo. Go Bills/Sabers!
I actually worked at Brooks Memorial for eight years out of college and had several close friends go to Fredonia State. You miss Sunny's at all?!
If you get into it like a lot of us have on here, then I hope you have a really good relationship with your wife, because the brew day mess, the system upgrades, the complete infatuation can strain even the best marriages.... Just kidding, but it does help to have an understanding wife, and since she suggested it, then go for it! Welcome back!
Strangely enough, my wife (girlfriend at the time) purchased my first brewing kit, so she will only have herself to blame!
Bills fan? You need as much alcohol as you can get...

Welcome from Western MA. Wife's family is all from the Buffalo area, so we tend to make our way out there once or twice a year.

Tell me about it. What area are they from?

Tell me about it. What area are they from?

Her family's from South Buffalo/West Seneca, although they've kinda dispersed in recent years. Most of the family still lives in the area, although her mom's now down in the Finger Lakes area. I like Buffalo, though, we make it out there once or twice a year to see people, it's always a good time.

I actually worked at Brooks Memorial for eight years out of college and had several close friends go to Fredonia State. You miss Sunny's at all?!

Oh good 'ol Brooks, I spent a few nights in there for injuries and other ailments. No alcohol poisoning at least... Sunny's ya you don't go there for the beer you go for the gonorrhea. I never knew even BMC beers could be watered down, I learned that one night I was there for $0.25 drafts.

Her family's from South Buffalo/West Seneca, although they've kinda dispersed in recent years. Most of the family still lives in the area, although her mom's now down in the Finger Lakes area. I like Buffalo, though, we make it out there once or twice a year to see people, it's always a good time.
You know, Buffalo isn't a bad place visit for like a week. Living here is a different story. Taxes, climate, economy etc.
I could pass on the On the Bills but +1 for being a Sabres fan
Bradford PA, you guys always claim the coldest temps on my local news!
Oh good 'ol Brooks, I spent a few nights in there for injuries and other ailments. No alcohol poisoning at least... Sunny's ya you don't go there for the beer you go for the gonorrhea. I never knew even BMC beers could be watered down, I learned that one night I was there for $0.25 drafts.
Don't worry, Sunny's still has quarter draft night. A group of us 3-11 shift people would stop in from time to time just to look at the pretty 18/19 year old freshman coeds!

Back