1st stuck fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver02ws6

Reaction score
Well it was bound to happen.

On 10/28 i brewed the Dogfish head IBA Clone from Austin home brew. I made a starter with wlp005. I was aiming for a 1.5l starter so i added 1.5cups of light DME to about 1.7l of water and boiled for 20 minutes. Unfortunately i ended up with about 1.2l of starter wort and i am sure my gravity was a little high but didn't think it would be an issue.

Everything went great the beer came out perfect at 1.070 and started bubbling within 4 hours of pitching. It fermented like crazy for about 7 days. on day 9 i took my first FG reading and it was sitting on about 1.023... considering how strong the fermentation was i thought that was a little odd..... so i gave it a quick swirl and left it until today. Took another sample and it hasn't moved a bit.

I did a little research on here in the mean time and raised the temp, gently swirled the wort but that has obviously not helped out. Im stuck at 1.023 and its got to come down some more or its not going to be worth much.

Give me some tips and tricks so i can get back on track.

Thanks in advance!

WLP005 specs say attenuation between 67-74. You're at 67. Its quite possible that you're not stuck, you're done.

Back