Keggle shape vs brew stand builds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistercameron

Reaction score
I've found a lot of great build threads and plans here, and I'm making headway on getting SWMBO to agree to a single-tier build of my own.

On a whim, I decided to mock up the top of the stand with the "standard" 13.5 in square openings over the burners with some 1.5x wood screwed to plywood. it didn't "fit" as expected. Here's why:

25668d1304887077-wobbly-keg-help-forumrunner_20110508_133751.jpg

My kegs have this lip on the bottom, that after being abused at a local brewery for years has been beaten pretty good. Back when I first got them, I was able to pound out the high spots so at least they don't wobble much on the ground.

Are these brew stands designed so that more typical sanke kegs will rest on top of the square tubing? It seems mine want to fit inside, but because of the dents it's not a great fit. Of course, I can decrease the size of the burner opening or add extra horizontal supports...

I was just wondering how it works for every other keggle owner.

Back