Bottled my 2012 Concord Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AcmeRidgeRose_Nate

Reaction score
After 8 months of sitting in the two 6 gallon carboys...the longest I have ever let the wine sit in the carboys...turned out to be the best I have made yet. Here are a few images of me bottling the wine last night. If you notice the bottles are half full...its because one carboy taste a little sweeter then the other..so I mixed them half and half to even out the taste. I believe it turned out great and wish I only had more of it to make. Enjoy.:mug:

Below are some of the pics I took.

IMAG0654.jpg

IMAG0652.jpg

IMAG0653.jpg

Looks nice! I can't wait for my 2013 batch to get there.
I'm first starting it next week with my Concords. What was your OG when you started?
I'm not sure what a good starting point is.

After 8 months of sitting in the two 6 gallon carboys...the longest I have ever let the wine sit in the carboys...turned out to be the best I have made yet. Here are a few images of me bottling the wine last night. If you notice the bottles are half full...its because one carboy taste a little sweeter then the other..so I mixed them half and half to even out the taste. I believe it turned out great and wish I only had more of it to make. Enjoy.:mug:

Glad to hear it! I have never done concord. I expected to see a dark purple wine (thinking of the juice from my youth), did it lighten up as a result of fermentation?

Glad to hear it! I have never done concord. I expected to see a dark purple wine (thinking of the juice from my youth), did it lighten up as a result of fermentation?

I follow my grandparents oldtime recipe...well sometimes I do. If I get alot of grapes I will experiment different ways. In their recipt they call for after fermentation and pressing the juice...you cut the juice with water....2qts of water for every qt of juice....thats what lightens it up. I also add about a cup of sugar per qt also. It always turns out good and its not strong cause it so cut..and it goes a long way.

I follow my grandparents oldtime recipe...well sometimes I do. If I get alot of grapes I will experiment different ways. In their recipt they call for after fermentation and pressing the juice...you cut the juice with water....2qts of water for every qt of juice....thats what lightens it up. I also add about a cup of sugar per qt also. It always turns out good and its not strong cause it so cut..and it goes a long way.

Interesting! And the dilution doesn't cut the flavor, or make it feel "watered"?

Interesting! And the dilution doesn't cut the flavor, or make it feel "watered"?

Well Im sure it dilutes its some...but its still really good and flavorful. It has a 11.5% Alcohol usually too....so it packs a good buzz easy. But for most part I dont feel it affect the flavor much at all.

Latest posts

Back