Dealing with Two lagers at different stages....one chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schumed

Reaction score
So I just got done brewing a Dunkel...and pitch 2206 Bavarian Lager.....problem is I have another lager in the lagering phase at 4 weeks in sitting at 36F

Basement floor is a consistent 60
Garage is very inconsistent between high 30's and mid 50's currently

Question if I raised my chamber to 50 to do the primary fermentation will that screw with my current lager that has been lagering at 36F

Thoughts or suggestions???

So I just got done brewing a Dunkel...and pitch 2206 Bavarian Lager.....problem is I have another lager in the lagering phase at 4 weeks in sitting at 36F

Basement floor is a consistent 60
Garage is very inconsistent between high 30's and mid 50's currently

Question if I raised my chamber to 50 to do the primary fermentation will that screw with my current lager that has been lagering at 36F

Thoughts or suggestions???
I'd take a sample of the one lagering and taste it. If it was clear and tasted good, I'd bottle or keg it.

If not, put it in a tub full of water in the garage. The water will hold the median of the temp swing and you can add a few frozen water bottles to keep it in the mid-30s.

You can get away with a bit of temp swings once you're lagering...BUT... I just bought a freezer and added a temp controller to it. This way I have one fridge for fermenting my lagers at 50, and one fridge to lager at 35. A couple more bucks but I think it is worth it if you really plan on lagering a lot.

Back