Keg storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middletoe

Reaction score
Hello,
Can I store recently carbonated kegs of ipa at room temp? Would garage temp be better? I have out brewed the space in my keggerator.
Thanks.

I am relatively new, but my take is:

1.) If you are carbing them with corn sugar, I would leave at room temperature for 2 weeks to allow the natural carbonation to take place
2.) For an IPA, I would then store them in the coldest location possible since IPAs don't age well. The colder you keep the beer, the less it "ages". You want to protect that hop profile.

Forced carbonation at 30lbs then stored at around 40* overnight does that make a difference? Or do I just need to bottle to free up fridge space?

Thanks for the help.

Forced carbonation at 30lbs then stored at around 40* overnight does that make a difference? Or do I just need to bottle to free up fridge space?

Thanks for the help.

I don't think you need to move it to bottles. Your beer should store fine in the kegs as long as you can keep it at a relatively cool temperature. It is protected from light (better than bottles) and oxygen. I would just keep it in the coolest space that you have until you are ready to tap it. When you do move to the fridge, give it time to cool down to serving temp and absorb the CO2 into solution at the colder temp.

Yes you can....when your ready to use it, chill it again, and attach to gas and your good.

Latest posts

Back