Canadian Brews to look for?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milhouse

Reaction score
I'm heading to Canada next month for a business/fishing trip. We will be crossing the border at International Falls MN. This is where we will be picking up some cases of beer for the trip since its duty free. Any suggestions on some local brews I may not be able get in Colorado? I would prefer a nice crafted beer and not a filler beer like Labatts.

There isn't a ton in the way of micros up here that are widely distributed so you may have some trouble. But find anything by Wellington Brewery or McAuslan/St. Ambroise and you'll not be disappointed. Mill Street makes a number of excellent beers as well but I'm not sure how far from Toronto their stuff is available. I'm not big on fruit beer but KLB Raspberry Wheat is an amazing summer beer - oh and the King Breweries Dunkel is awesome.

I'm a big fan of Mill St Tankhouse. Nice and hoppy.

Unibroue products are fairly good if you're looking for something in the Belgian style. Wellington Iron Duke is a good one as well.

Latest posts

Back