Temp control of a side by side

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JnJ

Reaction score
Let's say you have a side by side frig/freezer and you want to use the frig side for laggering, how can you control that side but not affect the freezer side? I'm assuming one of those plug in systems will affect the freezer side as well.
Ideas?

In most cases, there is too much interaction between the controls to let you use the freezer as a freezer. A controller is just cycling the power on and off, so don't depend on the freezer side working right.

Thanks. Seeing how I'm in San Antonio, I'm afraid to try your setup Kaiser (it has to live in the garage). I think I'll keep an eye out for a used Frig instead.

JnJ said:
Thanks. Seeing how I'm in San Antonio, I'm afraid to try your setup Kaiser (it has to live in the garage). I think I'll keep an eye out for a used Frig instead.

It id have some struggle in the hot NC summers, but now it's sitting in a basement that doesn't seem to get above 70*C and it works just fine. Another option would be to make larger holes in the wall between freezer and fride and add larger fans. In this case I would also add flaps that close the openings when there is no air blowing.

Kai

Latest posts

Back