#6 AG in the Fermentor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hops-4-Life

Reaction score
I just finished a nice 5 gal. Blonde Ale -
#8 Two Row
#3 Red Wheat
#.75 Crystal (For a little malt flavor)
Mashed at 154 Degrees
1 oz at 60 min Hallertau hops
60 min boil

I made my first starter for this batch as well - It was bubbling nicely when I pitched. I made a variant of this for SWMBO and she loves it, so I thought I would change it up and slowly drag her to the "Dark Side of Maltiness"! :rockin:

I am a certified AG junkie! I'm already planning my next Friday night brew :ban:
my 2-fer-IPA :mug:

2-Fer-IPA.jpg

Right on, man. And I must say, it's a great feeling to make a beer your SO loves... total buy-in on your next batch. I just drew a pint of imperial stout and realized there's a helluva lot less in there than I thought. I asked her what she wanted me to brew next. "More stout, of course," she said.... OK!

cheers, -p

Roger That! Buy in rules!

I'm drinking a few double IPA's tonight, and life is very-very good!

:rockin:

Great job. I did my first partial mash, an Oktoberfest, dammmmm I should have done something quicker... How much water did you use? ps nice trees behind that glass of heaven.

So I see you have a gremlin snatchin' your beers too!

I have the same problem - My cornies float "way to fast"!

Must Brew More...
Must Brew More...
Must Brew More...

SpecialEd said:
Great job. I did my first partial mash, an Oktoberfest, dammmmm I should have done something quicker... How much water did you use? ps nice trees behind that glass of heaven.

I go 2 Qts. per lbs of grain
My MT is stingy...

I batch sparge - so I "try" to pull right near 4 Gals on the mash
I then pull 3.5 Gals on the 2nd sparge

That gives me right around 6 Gals after boil - to go into my fermenter

In 2ndary I have right at 5.? and just enough for the corny

It might not be perfect "beer math" but it sure makes a good beer :rockin:

Latest posts

Back