Just harvested hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageBrewer

Reaction score
Just to share my first harvest experience. My nugget hop was transferred to a pot this spring due to a soil and light problem. It hasn't produced hops in the past two years so I move it. This was the first year it produced hops. All the cones seemed to mature at the same time. I was only able to harvest one 1 quart zip lock bag full. Sorry my scale isn't working at this time so I wasn't able to weigh them. I dried them on a food dehydrator and vacuum packed them. They now reside in the freezer as I write this. My only question is, is this expected for a first time harvest? I'd love to hear from all you seasoned hop growers here. Thanks for your time.

That's about the amount obtained from the first harvest of my cascade and nugget plants (maybe even less). Watch out though... I got a garbage bag full of hops the year after that! Huge difference from the first to the second year.

Back