New Brewer Hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErikN

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am new to homebrewing, received an equipment kit for Christmas along with an IPA and Stout brew kit. Both have turned out pretty good. Just put a "Steam" beer into a secondary.

So far so good, it looks like everytime I brew I figure out that there is a piece of equipment missing that could make the job easier. Makes for a good excuse to run down to the local homebrew shop.

:mug:

Erik

ErikN said:
So far so good, it looks like everytime I brew I figure out that there is a piece of equipment missing that could make the job easier. Makes for a good excuse to run down to the local homebrew shop.
Thats a sure sign that the bug has bitten and taken hold! :)

Welcome!

And hey . . I'm new, too. :) Joined the board here a couple of weeks back and I've only been brewing for a few months. Started on AG and I do think it is where I will stay. :)

Cheers,

Jens-Kristian

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you are in for good. I already had a hobby of emptying beer bottles, so another hobby that fills them was a good fit for me.

Heh, My wife announced today that my claim brewing my own was going to be cheaper than buying it was BS! that would be from all the trips to the LHBS to make each batch easier than the last with cool stuff.. (installing the deep sink in the basement next to the new shelves and stand for the carboys, went over like a turd in a punch bowl) :rockin:

Welcome aboard! :ban:

Try spending $45,000 on a new garage, so you can use the old one as a brewery!

Almost done...

Welcome ... I'm right there with you. Put my third batch, a red ale, in the secondary today. Know what you mean about the new toys. There's always something else good to get.
Jimi

I value my life more than that, When I talked about running a gas line, power, and water to the storage shed, the look I got completely killed mentioning I wanted to "wallpaper" it with Aluminum sheets and put in ventilation....

budbo said:
When I talked about running a gas line, power, and water to the storage shed, the look I got completely killed mentioning I wanted to "wallpaper" it with Aluminum sheets and put in ventilation....
Did that "look" also cause shrinkage...cuz it's not really a good look unless it causes them suckers to shrivel right up. :D

Welcome, you will learn mucho here. It's amazing just how much more beer you will drink just from reading/posting here...... What's awesome is that you'll be drinking beer you make!

david_42 said:

Almost done...
:mug:
Try buying a house because it has a walk-in cooler(ok that's not really why, but it was quite the nice bonus)

El Pistolero said:
Did that "look" also cause shrinkage...cuz it's not really a good look unless it causes them suckers to shrivel right up. :D
Shrinkage? oh yea that is what happened years ago.. I been married 16+yrs, she has me in a state of desparation, shrinkage ceased being an issue years ago. :mad:

Dude said:
You suck...

It' not as awesome as it could be. The refrigeration equipment has long been taken out but it still gets plenty cold in there in winter for lagers, esp if I open the vent to the outside.

I am relatively new at this as well. My operations keep expanding. So far, my brewing equipment is stored in my home bar area. I've informed my wife that I might have to undertake a construction project involving demolition of her laundry room. She wasn't that thrilled. I guess I need to make a choice: beer or clean clothes!! I'm already planning a new bar when we build a new house that is centered around a micro-home brewery! Prost!:drunk:

My wife is thrilled that I want to take the refrigerator for lagering purposes, though. It gives her an excuse to get that all-stainless-steel expensive jobby she's wanted for awhile. I guess I have to make some sacrifices/compromises for the cause!

Back