Pitched two different yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrduna01

Reaction score
So I made my first all grain batch which was a pumpkin ale and I am excited to see how it turns out. I decided to just use spices first time out and leave out the messy real pumpkin. Anyway, I pitched my yeast in wort that was way too hot. I knowingly did this due to a 9 hour brew day that ended with shear exhaustion and a splitting headache and a wort that would not freakin cool down (seriously considering the chiller now). That being said, the fermentation was a little slower to start than normal (it did start however) and I decided to go ahead and pitch another pack of yeast just to replace any yeast that was killed off. The first and second packs of yeast were different strains.

Is there anything that could go wrong with this?

What were the two strains? There's not really anything that can go wrong, it'll just be hard to reproduce exactly if the strains are quite different.

What were the two strains? There's not really anything that can go wrong, it'll just be hard to reproduce exactly if the strains are quite different.

One was a liquid English yeast... didn't really look to be honest. It was just what the Homebrew Shop guy handed me and said would be good. The second was a pack of WYeast but I didn't see any type of information on the pack regarding what type of strain it was or anything of that sort.

I guess we will just see what happens and I'll be sure to take good notes in my future brews.

One was a liquid English yeast... didn't really look to be honest. It was just what the Homebrew Shop guy handed me and said would be good. The second was a pack of WYeast but I didn't see any type of information on the pack regarding what type of strain it was or anything of that sort.

I guess we will just see what happens and I'll be sure to take good notes in my future brews.

You really would have to be more specific. There is only slightly more information here than if you said, "My beer didn't turn out right. Did I do something wrong?"

Back