Arrrrrgh-That Blows

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilesLong

Reaction score
So after a month in primary, I kegged my waldo lake....fricken pale yellow...NB sent me a bag of unknown grains!!!! No more kits, lol. Has this happened to anyone else?

So after a month in primary, I kegged my waldo lake....fricken pale yellow...NB sent me a bag of unknown grains!!!! No more kits, lol. Has this happened to anyone else?

Did you try sending them a picture or talking to them on their live chat? They usually have somebody online during weekdays. The recipe on their website says "1.5 lbs Weyermann Carared, 0.5 lbs Melanoidin" for specialty grains.

As for kits, I have had some turn out different than the way they are described. It's important to taste it along the way, so you can adjust it before it hits the keg. It's also important to realize that some people will review a beer kit without ever trying similar craft beers, or the beer that is being cloned. A lot of people are just happy to make a beer, so they'll mark it at 5 stars...just some stuff to think about...

I got a kit from my LHBS where the label on the specialty grains didn't match the recipe. I was worried that our Stout wouldn't be dark enough because we didn't use any dark malt extract, and now it drinks like a brown.

Suffice to say, that was the 2nd bad one from there, so we are going to make our own recipes from now on.

Back