Pin lock o-ring sizes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplehaze

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted before but I ordered four more pin lock corney kegs. To save money I opted for the ones that were not rebuilt. They arrived somewhat clean and supposedly pressure tested.

Anyway during disassembly a few of the o-rings were dry rotted and fell apart. The big lid o-ring and poppet valves were in good condition. Instead of ordering a rebuild kit for each keg I went to the local HD to see if they had replacements.

In the faucet isle I found that the #83 o-ring fit both the liquid and gas tubes. While the #10 o-ring fit the gas and liquid exterior fittings. The kegs are filled and pressurized with no leaks. The total cost was under five dollars to replace the o-rings on up to five kegs.

Hope this helps

Just curious how those #10 o-rings are holding up during serving?

I just recieved 6 pin lock kegs and all of the gaskets seem to be in pretty good shape, however...when I hooked them up to the gas I can hear a faint hiss and have to wiggle the connect around to get it to stop.

I went ahead and kegged a batch in one anyhow and let it naturally carbonate to give me time to order some new o-rings...but if I can take your route, that would save some time and money

Cheers

FWIW, I bought the oring replacement kit from Keg Cowboy for my pin locks. The kit worked great and I haven't had any leaks. It supposedly works on both ball lock and pin lock.

I have filled and emptied the four pin lock kegs I rebuilt using these o-rings and have not had any issues with leaks or off flavors. I would still bring your old o-rings with you to the store for size reference just in case there are differences from manufacturer to manufacturer. They came ten to a package for under $3.

Edit: You might want to check your poppet valves to make sure that the gasket is intact and is seated correctly. I have had issues in the past with broken poppets.

http://www.homedepot.com/Plumbing-Kitchen-Faucets-Kitchen-Faucet-Parts-Repair-O-Rings/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbrdr/R-100232944/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

DANCO #10 O-Rings (10-Pack)

Model # 96727

Store SKU # 583999
Write a review
Write the first review

$2.27 /EA-Each

1/2 in. I.D. x 11/16 in. O.D. x 3/32 in. wall

This the one? I've got 4 pin lock kegs and I have had o-ring leaks from day one! Tried the McMaster Carr o-rings everyone uses for ball locks, but they are slightly smaller and allow for leaks. I have to gob a bunch of faucet lube in the fittings to stop the leaks. It's a P.I.T.A.!!!

If these are the ones I'll run down and give them a try! $3 is worth the shot!

Thanks

Yes, the Danco #10 and #83 are the ones I used. I used them dry, no lube and still no leaks :eek:

I stopped by yesterday and picked up a few packs of the #10 o-rings and replaced all of them.

Can't give results yet as I am naturally carbonating right now and it won't be ready to tap for another few weeks. But I did test fit my connectors on a few empties that I has replaced the o-rings and it seems that the connectors do fit a lot more snug.

Cheers

Keep an eye out for sales, I bought 20 sets of the "5 peice gaskets sets" from an online vendor a year ago when they were on sale for 99cents a set. They should last me for at least a few years. It's even hard to buy just the large lid o ring for that price.

Latest posts

Back