What a awesome hobby...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BelgianKing

Reaction score
Ive been brewing since January and have 10 batches under my belt. Started out with extract and now doing partial mashes and waiting for my Barley Crusher, then its AG. Ive been a Chef for 16 years and love taking raw ingredients and creating some spectacular dishes. Ive worked in some of the best kitchens in the US and have learned more than I could have ever imagined. Brewing beer is not just making a "good beer" its the love and respect you give it. The sanitation, understanding the best way to have your yeast perform and all the hops profiles is just amazing to me. Since January I have learned excellent sanitation is #1, understand the final goal of the brew at hand. Fermentation temps on strains will develop different characteristics even with a 1* swing. I can wash and harvest yeast, understand the different hop profiles (only the ones ive used so far), dry hop and lager. It only been 6 months and I'm already in love with this hobby. I have hundreds of books for cooking and only 2 for beer. The Complete Joy of Homebrewing and Yeast.

The best thing I can say is that even though I have 10 batches under my belt, my friends that drink great beer tell me I produce a great product. To me thats gratification. Just like cooking a dish in my restaurant and talking to the customer and to hear how they relate to the dish as if there mother had made it. This website has given me great knowledge to produce a fun and exciting hobby. Salute:tank:
Now its time for another homebrew!

The thing I like most about home brewing is all the combinations that can be had. Even within given styles. And how they pair up with food. Need to explore that more. Then there's classic styles,medieval ones,ancient ones...so Little time,so much to know!:mug:

Latest posts

Back