Found a good way to mount drip trays with no backing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghart999

Reaction score
For all of us that have the nice 19" SS drip tray and no way to mount it. I came up with a decent idea that also allows for moving the tray around, taking it off and cleaning, etc.

Rare earth magnets.........

See the below pics. Basically I super glued 5-6 small rare earth magnets to the back of the drip tray. For some weird reason they don't stick to it. But they stick to the fridge great.

From there you will want to then use some small L brackets as shown below. Because the tray stick out so much that it can easily fall from a slight push downward on the tray. The L brackets were superglued as well. This helps give support against downward force applied to the drip tray. I also put some foam weatherstripping on the back of the L brackets to prevent any scratching of the fridge surface.

The hold for this is great. I am able to put 2 full pints on the tray without it falling. I am sure the more magnets you use the better it gets. Of course I see know reason to put anything on the tray.

Rare earth magnets canbe found online for cheap. I also found them at Ace Hardware. HD and Lowe's did not have them however.

If you have more questions, let me know.

driptray1.JPG

driptray2.JPG

driptray3.JPG

driptray4.JPG

Back