Cucumber Ale. Mosaic?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conical

Reaction score
I am about to brew a cucumber ale. I was going to use hallertu. I was thinking of trying mosaic. Do you think it would be over wheeling to the cucumber notes?

I don't have an answer for you on the hallertu vs mosaic, but I also want to brew a cucumber ale. When do you plan on adding the cucumber?

I grow cucumbers every year in the garden, make my own pickles, love a good cucumber salad, enjoy em in a vinegar wash ah la fresh pickles, and just eat em raw.

Cucumber beer I don't know about... sounds interesting and can't be any worse than some ideas out there! I too wanna hear the plan!

I brewed the cucumber ale yesterday. I went with hallertauer. Adding the cucumber two weeks after brew day.

I made a cumcumber mint saison with 3 large cukes chopped and racked into a secondary. The cucumber came through more than I couldve hoped. I didnt use much hops though

I made a cumcumber mint saison with 3 large cukes chopped and racked into a secondary. The cucumber came through more than I couldve hoped. I didnt use much hops though

hmmm
nice.
This is definitely something for me to think about. I think I might have to test a small batch because I'm just so intrigued at how it would taste.
I love how refreshing cucumbers are so to somehow get that to work in a beer would be great!

Latest posts

Back