American Brown Ale Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitsuj80

Reaction score
I have an American Brown Ale that I have fermenting in primary for two weeks now and I just checked the SG and it is already at 1.014. It started at 1.059. Should I go ahead and let is sit on the yeast for another week or so and then just bottle? Or should I go ahead and bottle it here soon? Any imput would be appreciated. Thanks.

If it's been there for 2 weeks you're probably fine, but another week certainly won't hurt. What's your pipeline look like? If you'll need to be drinking it in 3-4 weeks, then you're probably fine to bottle now. If you can hold out, I'd leave it in there for another week or so.

This all depends on how much yeast you pitched, ferment temps, etc. If you had any problems there, I'd leave it.

It's probably done fermenting, but wait 2-3 days and see if it's at the same FG.

You can probably bottle now, but there's no harm waiting the full three weeks on a brown, IMO. They do better with time batch and bottle conditioning.

Back