Can you keg on top of a beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonebrewer

Invented the IPL
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I brew a house pale ale continually. Today I was cleaning, moving from primaries to kegs, washing yeast, etc. I got to my pale ale and noticed that I had a keg with about 8 pints of the same ale in it. What to do? Get drunk off 8 pints, clean and sterilize keg, siphon from primary into newly cleaned keg? Sounded like fun, but not the best use of my time today. Option 2 was just siphon into the existing keg and save myself some time but forego some good drinking :D. Possible issues with contamination, but then again the beer in there was tasty and showed no sign of issues. The new batch was a little light on volume ( a shade less than 4.5 gallons ) so it would fit nicely in the keg. At the end of the day, I said screw it and let out the C02, popped the top, and siphoned the new beer onto the older beer. Was this stupid to do? Appreciate any feedback/advice from people who have tried this and failed or succeeded!!:mug:

Can't really hurt anything its already sanatized, I guess you just made a beer blend. The only thing I would worry about is the dip getting into some settled yeast cake.

Latest posts

Back