3rd and last Mr. Beer Brown reciepe check.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneFeather

Reaction score
I want to use the last can of Mr. Beer HME I have. Also, the specialty steeping grains are only sold in 1/2# sizes.

This is my third batch I am doing with my Mr. Beer. I know I cannot ferment this in the Mr. Beer, I will get a 5 gallon sized one.

3 gallon batch, I used QBrew to come up with this, but to check to see if I am way off on something.

2# Sparkling Amber DME
1.2# MrB High Country Canadian Draft HME
0.375 Honey

0.4# Chocolate Malt US, I thought to just t
0.5 Victory Malt

1/4 oz Kent Goldings 50 min., I have some and want to use it up
1/2 oz Willamette 50 min.

From a newbie, Thanks much,

Victory is not a steeping grain. You will not get any sugars from it.

Otherwise seems reasonable. Probably turn out something like a Brown Ale with an OG of 1.050.

I would add the honey to the fermenter after fermentation slows down to preserve some of the flavor. If the honey is coming from a clean container, you can just add it straight, or heat with a little water. Do not boil it. Unless you have stuck a dirty spoon or something in the honey, it should be sanitized already; honey is naturally preserved.

You probably already know this, but the HCCD HME should be added at flameout, not boiled. Other than that, it looks good to me.

Latest posts

Back