What to build???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huaco

Reaction score
So, I have a $50 gift card to Lowes and $50 Christmas cash to spend on my beer hobby... I am learning A LOT and want to build my knowledge base to all-grain with a single tier system. I am in the middle of reading "How to Brew" and love it!
I work for a metal fabricator so the steel is not an issue. I get it for CHEAP!
What would you recommend I get for this new obsession?

I received an oxygenator setup...$55. I haven't been doing this and expect a noticable difference in the brew for 2012.

If your just starting to build a all grain system buy a 70 qt cooler some high temp tube and a valve and you have a mash tun good for batches up to 10 gal.

I was thinking of building an CounterFlow Chiller. I made an IC but then realized i had soldered it with OLD solder that had lead in it. I will probably turn it into a Pre-Chiller for my CounterFlow to be used in the summer when the tap water is about 80*F here in Texas.

can you let us know what you have so far for an all grain setup? if that is indeed where you are heading make sure you have big enough pots.. if you are trying to find stuff at lowes they have coolers there that may work, or you can get some parts to go with the cheap metal you are purchasing for a stand..

Stirplate, Counterflow Chiller, Temperature Controller, Mash Tun (if you don't have one)... just to name a few fun DIY's ;)

Back