Mounting a Johnson A419 Control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve1nh

Reaction score
Can anyone offer advice on mounting a Johnson A419 control on a freezer chest? Id like to mount it to the front, but I don't want to start drilling not knowing where the cooling lines are.

I have a shelf next to mine and this is where it sits. Nothing fancy, but it works.

Not the best picture of it, but I have my controller mounted on an L bracket screwed to the lid in the back right corner.
ab_jul_08_2011_06_sm.jpg

Cheers!

I went to Homey Depote got some velcro, they sell it in a commercial grade and a regular, get the commercial it just works better. Cut it to size peel and stick that sucker anywhere. No holes to drill and guarantee not to come off easy. About 3-4 bucks a package.

Thanks for the ideas!
I really like the idea of the L bracket, but with the Johnson A419 I have the wires coming out the bottom of the unit. I ended up ordering the lock strips that are used with EZPass transponders - hopefully they will serve the purpose. I also ended up ordering an Edgestar fridge (the same as used in their kegerators) for fermentation/lagering.

Back