(Alexander's Sun Country Concentrates) ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LILJONNYWV

Reaction score
Has anyone used the (Alexander's Sun Country Concentrates) that you can buy from midwest, and if so what did you think about them and do you have any suggestions?

Use them all the time to mix with my blackberry wine...Will need to buy an acid kit tho, but in the past I have just eye balled it and it turned out great...

I've used them. You get what you pay for. It's probably not going to give you as good an end product as if you paid $100+ for a kit... However, if you typically drink $5-$7/bottle wine from the supermarket like Barefoot or the other bargain brands, you'll probably be happy enough with the results.

Like madmike said, you can use more than one can per batch for a stronger flavor. I've been happy enough with one 46oz can for a 5 gallon batch, but the instructions on the can actually suggest using two.

Like turner said, you'll need to get your acid and also yeast nutrient and tannins and of course yeast, since none of this stuff comes in the can.

Hope that helps...

Back