brewers best amber cerveza style XX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeasty

Reaction score
anyone brewed this one and can you tell me if i should reach the advertised 1.007-1.009 FG easily if i followed the recipe verbatim ?

it was only in the primary 7 days, but is still in the secondary....and i still get an occasional bubble.

What's the current gravity reading?

What's the temperature of your beer?

Did you test the gravity before you racked to the secondary?

Generally, a secondary is there to help clear up the beer, not to finalize fermentation. Bubbling can come from temperature swings, CO2 out-gassing, or fermentation. Do some reading & searching here before you end up with 5 other people telling you that an airlock is not a fermentation guage.

I've done the XX.... I liked it. I had no problems other than the hops supplied with the kit seemed quite old & off-color. I was lucky I had some other fresh hops. I think that was my last Brewer's Best kit.

ok, well, i wasnt going to take a FG reading because it was still bubbling. i will pull a sample ASAP ! yes the OG was 1.004ish (i am still new to taking readings). temp is 68 degrees.

no i did not test the gravity at secondary racking....the bubbles has died off considerably....my mistake.

Back