Wanted to look at a '71 Challenger for $2500...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baron von BeeGee

Beer Bully
Reaction score
I was trolling craigslist for an old pickup yesterday when I saw a posting for a '71 Dodge Challenger convertible for $2500 and thought, "hmmm". I e-mailed the lady and didn't hear back. I check back today and find this:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/car/108440140.html

Cliffnotes: after posting she got inundated with e-mails from prospective buyers, as well as her lawyer telling her to "hold on a second!". Gets car appraised and winds up selling it for $350,000 to a guy from Scottsdale who her lawyer had seen on TV before. I'm guessing Barret-Jackson, but have no idea. I can only guess the car must have been a pace car as most restorations go for $60-70k.

Oh well, back to looking for beater pickups.

Gaah! They listed a '71 Dodge Hemi Challenger for 2500$ :eek: I would have wet myself if I came across a listing like that.

Brings back memories...

My favorite car of all time (among ones I've owned) was a '71 Charger. Those were sweet rides. Dark metallic brown with a black vinyl roof, the V-8 (about a 350 if I recall correctly), mag wheels, that vacuum cleaner front, it was fine.

Sadly, I wrecked mine. Luckily I was not seriously hurt.

SteveM said:
Brings back memories...

My favorite car of all time (among ones I've owned) was a '71 Charger. Those were sweet rides. Dark metallic brown with a black vinyl roof, the V-8 (about a 350 if I recall correctly), mag wheels, that vacuum cleaner front, it was fine.

Sadly, I wrecked mine. Luckily I was not seriously hurt.

It was most likely a 340. Sweet cars!

Back