Chest Freezer for lagering/kegging - FCM7SUWW???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeasu

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first post here. I've been given clearance from the missus on a chest freezer for lagering. I'd like to be able to have two fermenters - either the usual 6 gal plastic buckets or 5 gal glass carboys, with airlocks or blowoff tubes, and any combo - (2 buckets, 2 carboys, or 1/1). I would also like to be able to, instead of lagering, be able to use the chest freezer to hold a corny keg (the used 5 gal soda kegs) with the party keg hookups - not ready for a draft tower yet.

Searching around on the forums, I keep on seeing the GE FCM7SUWW 7.0 cu ft mentioned. Can anyone give me confirmation that the inner dimensions, including the compressor hump, would allow for this? None of my local stores have one for me to spec out in person. I saw a 7.0 cu ft of a different brand at Lowes, but didn't seem to come close. I figured, I needed about 14" W X 28" L X 23.5" H

extreme dimensions for equipment:
- 13" diameter for a bucket at the lid
23.5" height based on the 5 gal carboy with airlock

Leads to 28"L and 14"W with an inch between the carboys, half inch from the sides. Just figured I didn't want the jugs bumping against each other all the time. I think it was a holiday 7.0 cu ft I saw at lowes today, and din't seem to come close. Can anyone clarify the GE FCM7SUWW will work for me?

Thanks,

Mike

I bought the holiday brand at Lowes and it does fit 2 5 or 6 gallon buckets side by side.

Welcome to the forum! I've go "a" GE 7cf freezer and that model number sounds right. If it's the same one, I'd say it would be a TIGHT fit if it would work at all (actually using mine for a freezer...). I'm on the road now, but can measure on Monday if you haven't got a definitive answer by then.

Latest posts

Back