Found an old pepsi CO2 regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyGnome07

Reaction score
I was in an old warehouse and came across an old Pepsi soda machine. I looked around and found a couple regulators still attached, including the attached picture of this dual gauge regulator. No one had a problem with me taking it, as the machine was scrapped anyway.

Now, I have no way of knowing how old this regulator is, but it is safe to say it has not been in use for over 10 years, but was still working just fine when the machine was retired.

I have a few questions:
It looks kinda dirty, how do I clean it?
How do I know if it still works? There are 2 brewing stores near me, would they be able to help me out with this?
What is the average life span of these kind of regulators? It looks pretty solidly made...
Can/Should I use this to keg? I currently bottle, but if I am going to chance into finding a free regulator.. I just might have to take that as a sign to switch over!

2012-12-22_16-31-37_270.jpg

It is a Cornelius regulator. It should probably work fine. Just use a new washer to connect to the co2 tank and you should be fine.

Back