Texas,Ice? How was/is it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The DFW area got very little ice. No problems at the airport. Most of the ice went north of here. I would imagine the interstates are fine except for an ocassional slick spot.

Days like this when I wish dogs could walk themselves. It's cold!

AHammer16 said:
How did you texans like the snow and ice? Any good stories? Hope no one broke their ass.
We had ice? :confused: Wish I would've known...I'd have been out there chilling my kettle in a snow bank. :D

The roads in OKC kinda sucked, but they pretty much cleared up as I went south.

My truck had a huge coating of ice on the hood, that didn't melt/blow off the entire way. When I pulled through the gate here, the guard asked me (pointing at my hood), "Where'd you pick up that mess?" I said, "Oklahoma." He laughed and waved me on through.

Oh yeah, I made it from Midwest City to West Fort Hood in 5 hours flat. I'd say the roads were OK. :D

Only 30 or so. Not bad but our Winter has been very hot. Nothing like Iowa. Living there was real cold!

TxBrew said:
Only 30 or so. Not bad but our Winter has been very hot. Nothing like Iowa. Living there was real cold!

Iowa! That freaking place gets cold. I was in guthrie center hunting phesants with my father when i was a kid and the temp was at least 20 below no to mention the freaking wind chill. So cold the dogs were trying to climb in our coats with us.

I went back home a couple years ago. Leaving Austin it was in the 80's. We flew into Minneapolis and it was 12. I was wearing shorts and sandals, should have known better.

I walked across the parking lot here at work about 4 am on the coldest morning (27) and there was a layer of ice on the water in the the gravel. So I scooped some up and showed some people here at work. Thats why the contractors were dragging up, too damn cold to stand around and watch people welding.

It was pretty enjoyable for me. I was off work on Monday anyway so we just played all day. Of course, I was planning on my wife and kids going to school so I could stay home and bottle and brew. But they were all cancelled. Still a day with the family is better than a day brewing.

Back