One more technique to siphon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AleHole

Reaction score
I have figured out yet one more way to start a siphon using an Autosiphon and carboy caps. Now I know some people will wonder why I would use an Autosiphon to start a siphon with carboy caps and the answer is... I don't know. I just like to tinker with things and figure out different ways to do things. With that said....

For those of us who like to siphon using the carboy cap method and either suck or blow into one of the vessels to start a siphon I have disvovered that you can use an Autosiphon to get things started instead of using your mouth. If you take the outer cylinder of the Autosiphon and remove the tip that prevents sediment from entering the hose and then place the Autosiphon over the hole in the carboy cap without the racking cane, and then place your finger over the hole of the Autosiphon cane you can either create a vaccum pulling up or create a pressure by pushing down the plunger to get your siphon started without using your mouth. Works like a charm. Just thought I would pass along yet another technique.

Back