wild grapes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

On-target

Reaction score
I just found a very large grape vine behind my house. I am planning to throw some in amixed berry melomel I have in secondary right now.Its a5 gal batch with12# wildflower honey,3# strawberrys , 1#blueberrys , 1#blackberrys ,and D-47.I planned to add more blackberrys as needed. I dont like the fruit to overpower the mix , and a semi-dry finish.Any suggestions or advice on working with wild grapes with seeds?

Wine grapes have seeds anyway. It's only the tasteless eating ones that don't. ... hence non-issue.

If they're ripe fine if not they'd add high acidity sort of taste. ....

I got home from work and my wife was putting together a handcrank juicer that my inlaws picked upat an antique shop for $25.:rockin: I guess I will be adding juice. will it be a mixed berry pyment or a grape melomel:confused:

From what I have read the Resveratrol and other antioxidants found in grape wine is contained in the skin and the seeds.

No suggestions for process, but fermenting honey+grape juice=Pyment.

I like using official names, it helps me fulfill my lack of officialdom in the rest of life ;)

Latest posts

Back