left over ingredient rec.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenleaf

Reaction score
So I have some leftovers and this is a quick rec. that I came up with. Opinions would be helpful. Thanks!!

Extract
5lbs Extra Pale Malt LME
2lbs Wheat Malt LME

Grain (stove top mash)
2lbs Pils
1lbs Munich

Styrian Aurora .25oz 60 min.
Cascade .25oz 60min.
Hallertau .25oz 15min.
Saaz .25oz 15min.

wyeast: Belgian Wheat

If you cut the Light DME down to 2.5lb, and lose the munich, you have what is almost a Witbier. I think that the high gravity you've got there wouldn't be balanced with the low hopping.

Even better, if you can rustle up a couple pounds of raw soft white winter wheat for the mash, you'll be golden. You can cut the extract down further in that case. My local hippie store carries it, as do places like Bulk Barn and even some grocers.

Thanks for the advice. What if i didnt want to add any more grain. What about cutting the munich and adding more hops. I have a few more varieties and or quantities. I could up the 60 min addition to .5 oz for the cascade and styrian. Maybe add some willamette in there somewhere? Im trying to stay away from a lot of grain because the pot I use for partial mashes is not that big.

Back