There she blows

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomInMaine

Reaction score
I know catch title lol. Any way on a serious not eI have a question. First the question. What should I do? now the reason for the question. I brewed last night an pitched the yeast at about 1:30 am. every thign was going fine left for work this afternoon at around two no activity. when I got home form work, wow what a change. the air lock was completely junked up, and the towel I wrap around the carboy for heat stability and light blocking was soaked. I changed the airlock out immediately and put a blow off tube in and before I could even clean out the airlock AI replaced, there was activity flowing into the blow off tube container. so the reason for the question is I have not had this happen before. I was wondering if I should leave blow off tube in until secondary fermentation or change back to airlock in a day or two? Please advise me thanks.:mug:

The more stuff you move around, the higher chance for contamination. If your sanitation practices are in line you should have no worries making another swap. But why mess with it?

You're doing great...just let that thing blow off until no more crap is in the blowoff tube. Then remove, sanitize the airlock and relax...you know the rest. :D

Back