Didn't get a chance to brew on Sunday . . . ..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndyPABrewGuy

Reaction score
but I still have my starter sitting around. I know it'll be fine. I'm planning on brewing this upcoming Sunday. Should I leave it sitting on my counter (72F) or should I put it in the fridge, pull it out Friday night, make some more wort and pitch it into the starter to get the yeast rollin' again?

FYI:

Wyeast 3068, 1 qt. starter originally pitched Friday, 10/5. for use on 10/7. To be used in a Dunkelweizen, OG 1.055ish (notes at home, I'm at work). Projected brew day, Sunday 10/14.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers,

I'd probably put it in the fridge for the week. then you can pour off most of the liquid, bring to pitching temp, and you'll be golden.

malkore said:
I'd probably put it in the fridge for the week. then you can pour off most of the liquid, bring to pitching temp, and you'll be golden.

You wouldn't try to bring it to Krausen again before pitching?

IndyPABrewGuy said:
You wouldn't try to bring it to Krausen again before pitching?

Not worth it. You already increased the cell count with the first fermentation...and what you're trying to do with starters is increase the number of yeast cells. Given that you have extra time, this way you can crash-cool it in the fridge and decant off the fermented liquid and discard it. That way you won't have to add that stuff to your beer...and that's always a good thing.

Back