Diagram for single vessel recirc?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakelyc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi folks: I have decided to build a single-vessel recirc rig. Does anyone out there have a flow or wiring diagram they could share? I'm trying to keep with my gas burner, and figuring out the recirculating inlet/outlet positions is tricky. Since I am sure this has been done before, perhaps someone out there has some info to share.

I have searched around and found the majority of systems to be electric. I an trying to stick with gas just because that's what I currently have.

Definitely looking at brewtroller control and parts from ocsys. Was thinking arduino, but I design software for a living and I'd rather not deal with learning yet another whole platform.

I am also going at this with no real intention to clone another system, so I hope to gather as many viewpoints and options as I can to help me make the best decisions.

Thanks in advance!
-Blake

I'm looking to do the same thing. Here is what I've come up with so far. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

From what I understand you'll want the PID to be able to run in manual mode.

SingleVesselDirectFiredRIMS.jpg

Hi Motorhead:

That's pretty much where I'm starting as well. How are you intending to rig the pilot burner? I was thinking about the honeywell Q314A4586 pilot burner if I could figure a convenient way to connect it to the burner stand.

I'm also thinking about the PID... either Brewtroller or using an arduino, I haven't yet decided.

Even if no one chimes in, perhaps we can sort this out between the two of us!

-b

Back