counter pressure vs bottle conditioned belgians...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matteo57

Reaction score
So i am looking into getting a counter pressure bottle filler and I was wondering if you will get much difference in flavor over a longer period of time with bottle conditioning & bottle carbonating vs carbing w/c02 and conditioning in the keg for a few months then bottling with a counter pressure bottle filler. As they both age will one be better/age better than the other? I wouldn't be filtering the beer either.
I know most belgians bottle carb and condition but I was just wondering as I had never heard if it makes it better than the other.

thanks!

Nobody has experimented with this at all or knows which lasts longer or tastes better if any?

I can tell you today that I tried to counterpressure fill a belgian Saison I had carbed and it was all foam. Funny thing is that first time I used my CPF for a Helles Bock it was money. I'm going to try again in a couple of weeks and get the carbonation volume down to about 3. I think part of my problem was it was carbed a bit high to begin.

Back