Estate sale score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lushife

Reaction score
So I picked up this burner for $10 at an estate and it claim with this clam steamer. So, I was thinking about using it as mash tun. Has anyone ever used these? Do they work well?

image-2015807289.jpg

image-2737715305.jpg

image-171887620.jpg

image-3193703064.jpg

image-281841080.jpg

It looks like the steamer is made of two pots. The bottom holds water and the upper kettle hold the clams. I see the upper kettle has a perforated bottom -- makes sense because it is a steamer..
However I am not sure how this would hold water if it were used as a mash tun.

This are my thoughts.

Mark

LuiInIdaho said:
It looks like the steamer is made of two pots. The bottom holds water and the upper kettle hold the clams. I see the upper kettle has a perforated bottom -- makes sense because it is a steamer..
However I am not sure how this would hold water if it were used as a mash tun.

This are my thoughts.

Mark

Yeah I think you're right when I was washing it out I tried and it just spilled out where the two meet. I'm sure I can find a use for it though.

That thing is super cool! Good buy for a 10 spot!

as far as a mash tun, that may be another story...

I say get yourself some seafood and put it to it's intended purpose!

wickman6 said:
That thing is super cool! Good buy for a 10 spot!

as far as a mash tun, that may be another story...

I say get yourself some seafood and put it to it's intended purpose!

Yeah that's what I think I'm gonna do once the crabs come around here

There was a good sized fridge there to I wanted to buy but no car to bring it home in. I was actually thinking about putting it on a handtruck and walking the 2 miles home. For $25

Back